Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Skin Rejuvenating Peach Facial: Natural Fridays

It's peach season everywhere and peaches are in abundance! I love my ripe and juicy sweet peaches. Not only they taste good, do you know that they are actually fantastic for your skin? I've been a big fan of using beauty fruits for beautiful skin for a long time and trust me, they really work and minus any harsh chemicals. Naturally, I just had to share with you guys about the beauty wonders of the peach.

So, what's so spectacular about peaches?

Do you crave for youthfully dewy skin? Ladies and gents, you have your answer in peaches. Peaches are rich sources of alpha-hydroxy acids. These acids help to slough off dead skin cells, thus revealing healthy, new skin. Talk about rejuvenated skin. Besides that, peaches are bursting with Vitamins A and Vitamins C to nourish your skin to perfection. In Skinfast: When it's better to eat your skincare, you can learn all about the great benefits of Vitamins A and C for your skin.

Peach juice is astringent in nature and it helps to unclog pores and banish blemishes. Great news for those who want to get rid of acne. Besides, it's also very emollient in nature and helps to replenish moisture in your skin. When used regularly, in time, it is said to lighten age spots and to plump up skin, reducing the look of fine lines. The astringent nature of the peach juice helps in a sag-busting action, keeping skin firm and fresh.

How to make a skin rejuvenating peach facial?
This facial mask could not be any simpler. What I do is, I cut out a small slice of peach, with the skin intact and will use it for my face mask. The rest of the peach, I eat it whole, of course! It's simply delish. Now, rub the slice of peach all over your clean face. Let the juice sit on for 20 mins. By 20 mins, most of the juice has already dried out on your face. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. Then seal off moisture with a light moisturizer. Voila, it's as simple as that to have beautiful skin.

The verdict?
My skin is unbelievably soft and smooth to the touch. But I'm super blown away by how clear my skin looks. It's glowing and radiant like never before. I can really feel it's astringent nature working on my skin. My skin doesnt shine even in the summer heat and that's a big bonus for me! Despite it being astringent, it's richly emollient as my skin is smooth and supple like I've had a great moisturizing facial treatment. Perfect for those with dry skin too.

Ladies, this is a real winner! With just a slice of peach, I'm enjoying fantastic results like I've been having my facials. I've been doing this peach facial mask 3 times and week and loving the results. You should try this out too, it's really worth it and terribly simple to do. Let me know whether your skin is loving it too!

No comments: